Please download and enjoy!
Apple Day Specials
Pork steaks with apple and sage, a traditional combination with a sophisticated twist.
Pork and apple burgers, simple to make and very tasty.
Apple dappy pudding, traditional Devon recipe that is a tastier response to Chelsea buns.
Squab pie. Is it pigeon, is it crow? No, it’s lamb.
Exeter pudding. Mrs Beeton featured it but this recipe is a touch slimmed down for 21st century waistlines.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic Mulled Devon Drinks
They may be easy to make but they’ll still make you drool:
- Marinated grilled chicken – or other meat or fish
- Eccles cakes
- Chocolate almond clementine cake – can be made gluten free
Spice up your life with these simple but very tasty dishes (most are great for vegetarians):
- Bengali style butternut squash
- Bengali aubergines
- Saag aloo – spinach and potatoes
- Rogan josh – red lamb stew
- Naan bread
- Gujerati sem – Gujerati style green beans
- Tarka daal
Middle Eastern Recipes
Whether you’ve benefited from this cookery course or not, you’ll love these tasty dishes:
- Baba ghanoush or aubergine puree
- Stuffed courgettes, Khusa mahshi
- Sfiha – Armenian pizzas
- Butternut squash with Palestinian flavours
- and that perennial favourite, Hummus (or chickpea puree).
A green vegetable curry
This Thai influenced curry is fragrant rather than spicy hot, and provides a warming alternative to the usual cold weather foods. Download the recipe for A Thai influenced green curry.